The Institute for Excellence in Writing Blog

Sunday, February 17, 2013

Hats Away!

About two months ago, our family made a little day trip to Fort Clinch. It was cool and breezy that day, so I wore a hat that I'd hand spun and knitted when I'd been on an earlier trip to Breckenridge, CO. My eldest was cold, so I loaned him my hat. Needless to say, I had a hard time getting it back, he loved wearing it so much!

Well, two months later, I finally managed to get two more of these hats knitted for my husband and my eldest. Unfortunately, they aren't in handspun, but frankly, I was just glad to get them finished!





It feels good to have 2 hats knitted, and my next hat that I'm going to tackle will be headed to a very special friend of mine in Texas.

By the way, in case you're curious, I knitted the hats in Knit Picks yarn, Andes Del Campo. The pattern comes from the book 101 Designer One-Skein Wonders.

No comments:

Post a Comment