The Institute for Excellence in Writing Blog

Friday, February 15, 2013

A Little About Me

It's been a long time coming, this desire to start blogging again.  But life has a way of happening, you know, and each day that goes by means another wasted opportunity to get the ball rolling.  Which brings me to today.  Happy Valentine's Day, by the way.  You see, my primary job, the one that gets me excited (and occasionally exhausted) is homeschool mom.  And when you have 3 kiddos, one of them in high school, and all of them extremely active, it means time is limited.

So what do I do in my spare time?  I knit.  And I read.  And I listen to books being read to me while I knit.  I do this a lot.  I also love to spin, but sometimes that competes with my knitting time, so I don't do it as often as I like.  Oh yes, and I occasionally design knitwear!  As a matter of fact, my first official published design will soon be released in book form.  The book, What (else) Would Madame DeFarge Knit? is a wonderful collection of essays and patterns, recipes and links, all based on classic literature.  I'm so excited to see this book come out, and can't wait to get my hands on a copy!  There are so many talented designers contributing patterns, and I feel immensely honored to be a part of the project.

No comments:

Post a Comment